This project first started out as a tribute to Japan, then I wanted to challenge myself, and finally it ended where I got to now.
I looked at my first rough drafts and thought I would add a pillow theme to them. This was to challenge myself, but it was the downfall to my project since it took so much time to figure that out.
I presented my work to my teacher, and he looked at it and told me I had a long way to go. He explained to me the step by step process and I realized how big of a hole had gotten myself into. It hit me then that it was probably easier to rebuild than to repair.
So then I got back to sketching and I was proud of the monkey that I had created out of simple circles.
I thought it was a total improvement to where I should go. So I got to work by adding references to my adobe illustrator, and got cracking down on it. Below are parts and pieces of my Layout for a lot of my project. In all, I got ready to create 20 different monkeys.
In the end, time became my worst enemy. Too many responsibilities, had to travel quite a bit for some and I even had to use my mulligan to try to finish most of it, where I was only able to do 5 1/2 out of the twelve. I put so many hours to try to make these look good, and I do realize that I will get a bad grade. However I learned a lot.
My favorite is my gorilla, but all of these images share many shapes and styles. This really sucks that all this happened. However I hope what I learned will make up for the rest of the semester, to my career.