This project was my favorite from the entire semester. I love stickers and have always wanted to create my own, so this was a great learning opportunity for me. However, there were a lot of things that went into making this project one of the more stressful ones.
The purpose of this project was to create 3, cohesive designs using Adobe Illustrator. Becuase I really wanted to do well on this project, and create something I really loved, I had some trouble coming up with an idea that I loved and could spend enough time on to be proud of.
I started by listing out a bunch of ideas that I had. I knew that I wanted to do something relating to space or animals, so I started sketching little ideas as they came to my head.
Initially, I had an idea completely different from the one I ended up with. I decided that I didn’t have enough time to work on the idea and I didn’t want to be left with something I wasn’t proud of. I got the idea to switch over to an alien theme, and to use strokes and lines for the entire images. Here was my first draft:
Although I had originally planned to leave the stickers black and white, I decided to play around with color. Color is something that I want to improve on, so I figured now would be a good time to practice. I created a color scheme, and then used that to color the stickers:
I then added a die cut line using the offset path option and sent them off to a printer to have them printed as stickers.
Overall, I loved this project. I loved the creative freedom I had. This is the first time I have completely started over from scratch right before the draft was due, and I am glad that I did. I learned to work under pressure and that, sometimes, that’s the best way to get awesome results.