I began by the idea of our solar system melting into a sink and then the sink draining into something. As you can see my final looks a lot different than my beginning ideas but it all comes together.
After sketching I put together a lines draft to just see where to place things and how my composition was going to look.
I received critiques and decided to keep the elements but rearrange them to be more visually appealing. From there I began to form the torso with the bandage, then I incorporated the heart and brick background. After those elements where created I did the melting world in place of a head. I added drips onto the shoulders to unify the two parts. The final step was to add text.
Overall I am pleased with my gig poster. I think that it turned out well.